Black and white of the Wellington monument in Phoenix Park, Dublin, Ireland. processed in the style of an infra-red technique.
The Wellington Testimonial was built to commemorate the victories of Arthur Wellesley. It was originally meant to be positioned in Merrion Square, it was built in the Phoenix Park after complaints from the square’s residents.
The obelisk was designed by the architect Sir Robert Smirke and the foundation stone was laid in 1817. In 1820 it ran out of construction funds and therefore remained unfinished until 18 June 1861 when it was opened to the public.